Wednesday, June 28, 2006

SUPPLIES

My trip to "the Duck" got me thinking about supplies: what I have, what I'd like to have, my favorites, most used, etc... So I decided to post about them.

I use my Kitchen Aid mixer 85% of the time! I love it! It's a professional bowl-lift design, the bowl raises into the mixing position. It has a strong motor and 10 speed settings allowing you to do all kinds of baking, even Chrischikie (spelling??), a Polish cookie we make at Christmas (making that dough burned out a few of my mother's old mixers, even when she divided it in half!)


I bought this Hamilton Beach hand mixer because of the snap-on case! I loved that it had built-in storage! It works great, the only thing I would like to change about it is to add a slooooower 1st setting.



My main tip set is this Ateco 29-piece kit. I use them with both canvas pastry bags (12" & 14") AND the Williams Sonoma Mechanical Pastry Bag.



This angled spatula is great for frosting c-cakes and also for making those big cool swirls!




The next two I bought purely because they appeal to my weakness for "cute"!


This Flour Duster is pretty cool. Yes, I could just spred the flour by hand, but using this little gadget is so much more fun! Also, it's less messy and more evenly distributed.



The second one is my favorite frivolity: the Smidge, Pinch and a Dash spoon set! Absolutely adorable! Totally cute! 'Nuff said!


I love liners!
These cute floral ones I got from Edsol Party Supplies. I am also quite partial to Chocolate Brown colored liners, I found them at Confectionary House.



Sprinkles and quins! The finishing touch! Both Candyland Crafts and Fancy Flours have great selections. I used to go to Party City because they had a pretty big selection of stuff, but it seems to me that they have cut down on the baking selection.
Another place you can get cool decos, including Edible Glitter is KitchenKrafts.com. They also have a wide variety of supplies and accessories.



That's about all I can think of right now, but as I think of more or come accross anything cute, fun, interesting or cool, I'll be sure to post it!

StumbleUpon Toolbar Stumble It!

Links to this post:

<\$BlogItemBacklinkCreate\$>

2 comment(s):

Hi! Cool webby! I just read your post and you mentioned about ordering from Edsol and Confectionary House. How much did you pay for shipping? And how long was the delivery? Especially with Edsol, being in the UK and all.

By Blogger SugarCocoon, at December 26, 2006 2:52 PM  

Hi!
Thanks!!
I believe I paid no more than about $4 for shipping on my Edsol last
order... I tried to find an old order confirmation, but I must have
deleted them. Sorry! But, I recieved my order in about a week and a
half. That I remember because I was suprised at how quickly I got it!
I expected it to take longer.
Belated Happy Holidays!
Take Care!

-- Patra :-)

By Blogger DAISYCAKES, at December 27, 2006 3:54 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home

Subscribe to cupcakescupcakes
Powered by groups.yahoo.com