Friday, June 23, 2006

ICE CREAM CONE CUPCAKES





Hello!
Well, It was quite hot here today and I thought, what could be better than Ice Cream on a hot day? Ice Cream Cone Cupckes! I had bought the Williams-Sonoma Ice Cream Cone Cupcake Pan about a month ago and had forgotten that I had it! I followed the recipie on the back for the cake and frosting... RAVE REVIEWS!! I hope you like them!!


For the Cupcakes:

2 2/3 cups cake flour
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
16 Tbs. (2 sticks) unsalted butter
1 1/2 cups sugar
4 eggs, lightly beaten
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2/3 cup milk

For the Frosting:
6 cups confectioners’ sugar
16 Tbs. (2 sticks) unsalted butter
4 1/2 Tbs. milk, plus more, if needed
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1/4 tsp. salt
Food colorings (optional)


To Make Cupcakes:

1. Position a rack in the lower third of an oven and preheat to 325°F.

2. In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the flat beater, beat the butter on medium speed until creamy and smooth, about 30 seconds.
3. Add the sugar and continue beating until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes, stopping the mixer occasionally to scrape down the sides of the bowl.
4. Add the eggs a little at a time, beating well after each addition.
5. Beat in the vanilla just until incorporated, about 1 minute.
6. Reduce the speed to low and add the flour mixture in three additions, alternating with the milk and beginning and ending with the flour. Beat each addition just until incorporated, stopping the mixer occasionally to scrape down the sides of the bowl.
7. Divide batter in half. Spoon half of the batter into prepared wells, dividing evenly. Gently tap the pan on work surface to level the batter.
8. Bake until lightly golden and a toothpick inserted comes out clean, about 25-30 minutes.

When done, transfer to a wire rack and cool upright for 10 minutes, then invert and lift off the pan.
Repeat for the rest of the batter.
Let cool one hour.


To Make the Frosting:

Have all the ingredients at room temperature.

1. In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the flat beater, combine the confectioners’ sugar, butter, the 4 1/2 Tbs. milk, the vanilla and salt and beat on low speed until combined, about 1 minute.
2. Stop the mixer and scrape down the sides of the bowl. Increase the speed to medium and beat until fluffy, about 3 minutes.
3. If the frosting is dry, add more milk, 1 tsp. at a time, until it is creamy but still holds peaks.
4. Tint with food coloring as desired. Makes about 4 cups.

*** FOR CHOCOLATE FROSTING:
- Increase milk to 6tbs and add 8oz of semi-sweet chocolate, melted.

StumbleUpon Toolbar Stumble It!

Links to this post:

<\$BlogItemBacklinkCreate\$>

5 comment(s):

Absolutely gorgeous cupcakes...I've made these before the 'oldfashioned' way with aluminum foil and all...lol
I must say that your frosting swirls are amazing. What tip did you use?

By Blogger purplecupcake, at June 24, 2006 1:39 AM  

Thank you!!!! You're so sweet! :-)

By Blogger DAISYCAKES, at June 25, 2006 8:08 PM  

WOW! Very pretty. I will buy this pan next payday! Did you use liners or spray the pan? maybe I missed this step when I read the directions. I love your blog!! wendy

By Anonymous Anonymous, at June 26, 2006 6:04 PM  

Hi! Thanks! No, you didn't miss anything! I was so tired that I skipped a whole line!
Anyhow, I did not use liners, but I did use Pam spray (I just made sure that I put a little extra in the bottom).
As far as the tip goes, I had purchased the Mechanical Pastry bag from Willaims-Sonoma, too, and I checked the tip, but there wasn't any number. However, I AM going to the Chocolate Duck tomorrow, I'll bring it with me and match it up and report back! :-)
Oh, yeah! The Chocolate Duck is a candy supply shop in Farmingdale, not far from My Little Cupcake. They also have some baking/pastry supplies too! My favorite thing to get there at the holidays is LUSTER DUST! I must have about 10 different colors, all pearlized/shimmery! It's so much fun to use! I'll post back tomorrow! :-)

By Blogger DAISYCAKES, at June 26, 2006 7:45 PM  

Oh, please let us know every detail of such a great trip to that store. I would love to join you!

By Blogger purplecupcake, at June 27, 2006 2:15 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home

Subscribe to cupcakescupcakes
Powered by groups.yahoo.com