Monday, May 22, 2006

STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE CUPCAKES





Hello!!
Last night I made Strawberry Shortcake Cupcakes and a Strawberry Jam Cupcake. For the Shortcake, I just used a plain Vanilla recipe for the cake and a plain whipped cream recipe. For the strawberries, I let sliced berries soak in sugar for about 45 minutes. I sliced the cupcake in half, layering the strawberries, then the whipped cream.
For the second cupcake, I used the same Vanilla recipe. I piped seedless Strawberry Jam into the center of each cake and then iced them. For the icing I used the remaining whipped cream, but I mixed in the juices from the soaked strawberries and a bit of food coloring to make them pink.
I hope you like them! :-)

StumbleUpon Toolbar Stumble It!

Links to this post:

<\$BlogItemBacklinkCreate\$>

2 comment(s):

Mouth watering photos..However, I love anything that has strawberries in it...Who doesn't?!

By Blogger purplecupcake, at May 23, 2006 5:07 AM  

Those look great! I never would have thought of using cupcakes for a strawberry shortcake. Thanks for the ideas!!

By Blogger Michelle, at May 23, 2006 10:21 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home

Subscribe to cupcakescupcakes
Powered by groups.yahoo.com